Saturday, February 07, 2009

Captive Light


pastel on paper

I was struck by the shadows from the bars at the windows. The light that came through the glass was much cooler than the light that came through the open door.


Linda Blondheim gave me this blog award - Big smile! I really enjoy Linda's blog. Her honesty about her art experiences is without any pretense. She shares her experiences and problems with such generosity. Thank you Linda!

I'm supposed to tell you 7 things I love

1. I love artists who willingly share their experiences so others can learn.
2. I love chocolate.
3. I love my family - across the world, from England to the USA, Australia to Iraq.
4. I love this glorious planet with its amazing sights and colours.
5. I love the seaside - empty beaches with rolling waves.
6. I love to create.
7. I love to a good cup of tea.

Did manage to do a couple of things on my list today and am going to do another one as soon as I finish this post. Nice to feel some of my weekend tasks are accomplished. Of course the ironing is yet to be done. I've taken to listing my tasks in the smallest steps that way I don't feel that I have failed to do something because I didn't complete the whole thing. Baby steps make miracles!

4 comments:

Jeanette Jobson said...

Interesting how glass affects the colour value of the light. You're an expert at creating beautiful light patterns for interiors.

I only wish we had the sun to make some patterns these days!

Billie Crain said...

now this is pleasant solitude. the open door makes me feel welcomed into your world.

Robyn Sinclair said...

There's so much truth in this painting, Anita - the light through bars is much colder than the light through an open door.

I'm fascinated by the effect of the space you leave between your pastel marks - it seems as if they enhance the depth and light. You always make me want to try pastels again.

Lisa Lorenz said...

always love and admire your pastel work and light/shadow.beautiful! :)

all artwork is copyright of Anita Murphy 2006/2007/2008/2009