Thursday, October 12, 2006

Drawing towards a goal



I signed up with Michael Newberry's mentorship programme and am really excited about the direction this is going to take my artwork. Having to think more about the why in what I am doing I hope will make the art more engaging. I do believe that work that the artist was excited about and was involved in a personal level adds something extra.

The drawings are just sketches that I am going to develop into drawings and later into paintings working through various stages - composition, light, colour and on to the final piece.

In subject matter I am trying to be more symbollic though these symbols maybe entirely personal to me and not recognised by the viewer, bringing in that personal excitement and involvement. I hope that others will get something from the work too.

My art materials arrived at last so I have no excuses anymore to not do any work. Unpacking tubes of paint was like finding old friends.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Anita, I am happy for you. Being the excellent artist you are this will take you to a very high level.

Making A Mark said...

How nice to get your paints back - now all you need to do is adjust to the different drying times!

I'll be interested to see how your mentorship programme goes.

all artwork is copyright of Anita Murphy 2006/2007/2008/2009